Free School Meals
The Children and Families Act 2014 places a legal duty on all state-funded schools in England, including academies and free schools to offer a free school lunch to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 from September 2014.
If your child is in Key Stage 2 and you are in receipt of the following benefits your child will also be entitled to a free school lunch:-
- Income support
- income based job seekers allowance
- income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Work Tax Credits and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit.
If your child is in Key Stage Two and you would like to apply for Free School Meals please see the office.