- Term Dates
- Office information & Forms
- School Council
- BUGS Club
- Team Houses
- Special Educational Needs & Disability
- Parental Complaints
- Online Payments
- Universal Free school Meals
- Absent from school - procedures
- FREE School Milk Scheme
- SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS
- Pupils Work
The safety of our children is a number one priority at Gravenhurst Academy. This is equally important when they are using technology and can access the internet.
Computing lessons start each year with E-Safety for every class, a subject that is embedded continually throughout the year in computing lessons.
Our E-Safety Rules
- We ask permission before using the Internet.
- We only use websites that an adult has chosen.
- We tell an adult if we see anything we are uncomfortable with and we immediately close any webpage we not sure about.
- We only e-mail the people my teacher has approved and the messages we send will be polite and responsible.
- We never give out personal information or passwords.
- We never arrange to meet anyone we don’t know.
- We do not open e-mails sent by anyone we don’t know.
- We do not use Internet chat rooms.
- We do not download programs or bring programs on disc or CD Rom from home into school.
- We realize that if we don’t use the Internet sensibly we will not be allowed to use it.
Parents and E-Safety
Here is a great list and links to parents help sites about staying safe on line.